- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 32oz Confectioner’s Sugar (one standard bag)
Use a powerful mixer, cause this is going to get thick. You can Substitute the water for Milk, but water works better to blend the sugar. Use Milk to thin the frosting to your desired consistency. Color as your design needs.
This frosting sets very well after being refrigerated on your cake.
- Lay down your base coat as smooth as you can.
- Set in the fridge for a half hour
- Retrieve the cake and use a dry, thick, (WHITE, undecorated) paper towel to smooth the frosting
- Applying firm light pressure with your hand.
- For a bit of fun, you can use a textured paper towel and watch the pattern transfer to your frosting.