Mix together until yeast is dissolved
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Until blended.. you may have to knead with hands to get it all together in one lump of dough
Let the dough sit for 10 mins, while you make the sauce.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
Mix all ingredients in bowl – will make enough for 3 or 4 pizzas, depending how much sauce you like.
Stretch your dough over the pan. I use a greased cookie sheet. Be gentle so you don’t tear the dough. Stretch, then pick up by one end, hang for a few seconds then flop it over on the other side, letting gravity do some of your work.
Coat with desired sauce and top with your favorite toppings. I use pepperoni, (diced) mushrooms, (sliced) black olives, (diced) crispy bacon and a blend of Mozzarella & Cheddar.
Bake at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on your oven. Personally, I finish it off by throwing the oven on Broil for 30 seconds to just toast the top and give a crispy crunch to the pepperoni and bacon