- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon buttermilk*
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*If you don’t have buttermilk around, that’s no problem! Simply add 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice (or vinegar) to 1/2 a cup of regular (cow’s) milk, gently stir, and set aside for about 5 minutes until it curdles.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Alter to taste – Add Powdered Sugar to thicken as desired.
Fill your Greased, Doughnut Pan Forms approximately 2/3 full.. Bake for 11-12 minutes at 325 until they go from glossy to matte. Cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan before removing and cooling doughnuts the rest of the way on a wire rack. Dip, or drizzle, Glaze as desired.